March 17, 2020
Updated: May 8, 2020
In conjunction with our government’s request to limit physical interaction, we are suspending our in-person meetings until Sunday, May 24.
Practically this means:
- Wednesday Bible Study will be online only in the study’s facebook group at 10:00 a.m.
- If you would like access, please send Suzanne an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Lessons are saved for future viewing.
- No Wednesday evening meetings (online content will be posted).
- Sunday morning meeting will be online through our main facebook page at 10:30 a.m.
- Our J.O.Y. Senior’s Luncheons are canceled for the time being.
- Watch for devotional posts throughout the week.
- Elders stand ready to pray with you and are available if you need us to visit you or for help.
What we are asking you to do:
- Call to check on each other.
- Pray for God’s salvation through the gospel; that He will use this situation for good and bring not only healing but changed hearts and lives by His power.
- Look for ways to help. Starting with your physical neighbors to see if you can serve them. This is how we demonstrate Christ’s Kingdom in action.
- Be ready to tell others the reason for our hope. Jesus is our hope!
Why we are doing this: Two reasons.
- To protect anyone vulnerable to the sickness in our own congregation.
- To submit rightly to the requests of our government and work in concert with the efforts of our broader community. In this way, we hope that our reasonableness will be seen before everyone, and our trust in Christ will be clear as we continue to proclaim His gospel.
What if I need help:
- Send us an email at email@example.com. We love Jesus and love people. If we can help, we will.
- If you need prayer or ministry support email an elder at the below addresses.
- If you need financial support, we will try to help as we can, but please note that our resources are limited. The Body all experiences economic challenges together.
What are we doing:
- Reaching out and helping our neighbors.
- Trusting God, praying, reading Scripture, resisting sin.
- Helping in the community as we can and see opportunity.
- We are looking to our members to help us find opportunity where we can effectively help.
- Continuing to financially support our broader church network through Covenant Family Churches.
- Continuing to financially support extrememly vulnerable, developing-world communities through Living Hope International.
We are holding fast to Jesus Christ and have sought God’s wisdom with regard to Coronavirus. The Lord is with us, and we are full of faith that our King will be glorified while He protects us. We’re praying for you. The Lord reigns!
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” - Ephesians 3:20–21
God bless and keep you,
Elders email addresses:
Steven Ottolini – firstname.lastname@example.org
David Ottolini – email@example.com
Jerry Nance – Jeromenance@nccstl.org
More in Blog
December 7, 2021Coronavirus Policy Update, December 2021
May 21, 2020Returning to in-person meetings after coronavirus
May 8, 2020Coronavirus Response
Leave a Comment
Comments for this post have been disabled.