March 17, 2020 by Steven Ottolini 0 comments
March 17, 2020
In conjunction with our government’s request to limit physical interaction, we are suspending our in-person meetings until Sunday, April 5.
Practically this means:
- Wednesday Bible Study will be online only in the study’s facebook group at 10:00 a.m.
- If you would like access, please send Suzanne an email at email@example.com.
- No Wednesday evening meetings for March 18 or 25.
- Sunday morning meeting will be online through our main facebook page at 10:30 a.m.
- Our J.O.Y. Senior’s Luncheon is canceled for March 22.
- Watch for devotional posts throughout the week.
- Elders stand ready to pray with you and are available if you need us to visit you or for help.
What we are asking you to do:
- Call to check on each other.
- Pray for God’s salvation through the gospel; that He will use this situation for good and bring not only healing but changed hearts and lives by His power.
- Look for ways to help. Starting with your physical neighbors to see if you can serve them. This is how we demonstrate Christ’s Kingdom in action.
- Be ready to tell others the reason for our hope. Jesus is our hope!
Why are we doing this? Two reasons. First, to protect anyone vulnerable to the sickness in our own congregation. Second, to submit rightly to the requests of our government and work in concert with the efforts of our broader community. In this way, we hope that our reasonableness will be seen before everyone, and our trust in Christ will be clear as we continue to proclaim His gospel.
We are holding fast to Jesus Christ and have sought God’s wisdom with regard to Coronavirus. The Lord is with us, and we are full of faith that our King will be glorified while He protects us. We’re praying for you. The Lord reigns!
“Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.” - Ephesians 3:20–21
God bless and keep you,
Steven Ottolini – firstname.lastname@example.org
David Ottolini – email@example.com
Jerry Nance – Jeromenance@nccstl.org
Comments for this post have been disabled