The purpose of New Covenant Church is to glorify God by training his people to know Jesus, live according to the Bible, and serve in God's mission of restoration.
As a member of Covenant Family Churches, we profess and proclaim the historic Christian faith as revealed in Scripture.*
We adhere to these specific tenants of the Christian faith:
- We believe the Bible to be the only authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His crucifixion to redeem His people, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that salvation from our sin and God's wrath is by God's grace, through faith in Christ, by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, who enables the Christian to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; the saved unto the resurrection of life, and the lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
We adhere to these specific values:
- Marriage is to be God honoring and should be based upon the Bible. Marriage is only between one man and one woman.
- People are made in the image of God, therefore racism and prejudice is evil and dishonoring to our Lord.
- Homosexuality is a sin.
- God's grace and forgiveness is for all who believe. The gospel of Jesus Christ - His perfect obedience, death on the cross, and resurrection - is sufficient to save us from any sin.
- Repentance is vital to the Christian faith, which requires confession, turning away from sin, and trusting in Christ while walking in obedience to His Word.
- The Holy Spirit ministers Christ to us and also enables us to live by faith and contribute to the works of ministry so that the whole church works together in love to press on toward Christ and to glorify God through holy lives.
- We believe in the modern day ministry of the Holy Spirit and the gifts of tongues, prophecy, faith, hospitality, healing, words of knowledge, and exhortation in agreement with Scripture, that build up the body toward Christ.
*The historic, Christian faith can be summarized in the Apostles' Creed, the Statement of Faith of the National Association of Evangelicals, and the Westminster Confession of Faith and Catechisms. These, although subordinate to the Bible in their authority, set forth our understanding of biblical truth consistently, concisely, and reliably.